Collected Answers from the Wikipedia Reference Desk
I help out by answering questions at the Wikipedia reference desk. Mostly, the questions and answers are quite forgettable - but once in a while a question demands an in-depth answer - and a few of those are worth holding onto.
Here are some of my favorites (in most cases, I've tidied them up since the original posting.)
- Extra Dimensions in String Theory explained.
- Chaotic systems are random.
- Macroscale laws from Nanoscale randomness.
- When will the oil run out?
- Graphics cards and Games.
- Graphics refresh rates and VSYNC.
- Cars crashing head-on or into a wall.
- Statistical scam.
- Who is Sam Taliaferro?
- You know you are a crank when...
- Confusion between Force and Energy
- Alien City hidden in Wikipedia post