Indian head car ornament
Revision as of 15:42, 3 January 2014 by SteveBaker
- Object is approx 10cm tall, 8cm wide and has a 2.8cm hole in the base. It's very heavy and appears to be chrome plated.
- We believe it's a car hood/bonnet ornament from a car that belonged to my great grandmother in England - probably sometime between 1920 and 1940.
- We've seen kinda-similar items on Pontiac cars - but they have thicker bases and are somewhat different in form.
- There are various letters engraved:
- At the tip of one of the headdress feathers on the left, it says "H'ADY".
- Across the left side of the base, it says "H Buana" (although that last 'a' might be a 'd')
- Across the right side of the base, it says "Ed PARIS".