Welcome to Steve's automatic Word-search puzzle generator.
Type a list of words into the box below. The program will try
to fit all of them into a 16x16 grid of letters and fill in the
blanks with random letters. The number of words that will fit
varies a lot depending on what those words are - try it with
about 30 words.
If you use the 'Easy' setting, the words will all run from left
to right, top to bottom or diagonally left to right and either up
or down. On the 'Hard' setting, words will run in all directions
except directly backwards. Also, in 'Hard' mode, some of the gaps
between the words are filled with parts of other words instead of
Type your words into the box below (NO PUNCTUATION PLEASE!),
then click on the 'Submit' button:
- You can fit more short words into the grid than long ones.
- You can usually fit at least 30 words into the grid - so that's
a good starting point.
- Puzzles with less than a dozen or so words aren't as much
fun because you spend more time looking for words and have
less fun finding them!
- Since it's a 16 x 16 grid, you obviously can't have any words
longer than 16 letters.
- Suprisingly, puzzles made with shorter words are MUCH harder
to solve than puzzles with mostly big words.
- You can make 'number search' puzzles by typing in numbers
instead of letters...you could even mix numbers and words.
- Don't enter punctuation, hyphens, etc.